Spring Fling: The Senior Celebration
Wednesday, June 2, 7 pm, Zoom Webinar
Join us online for a special evening featuring the Senior Concertos from the class of 2021 and recognizing this awesome group of musicians.
Tune in at https://seattleschools.zoom.us/j/87381604403
or directly from Zoom — Webinar ID: 873 8160 4403
Spring Fling: The Sequel—An Epic Return
Wednesday, June 9, 6 pm, Roosevelt Athletic Field
That's right! A live performance on the Athletic field at RHS.
Enjoy the outdoor concert experience! Picnic boxes are available for purchase and pick up at Old Ballard Catering Co. (corner of 15th and 65th).
You can order from their regular menu or enjoy the Roosevelt Orchestra special for two at the bottom of the online menu. You can schedule your pick-up to enjoy before the concert or on your way home. Order soon to get your preferred time.
Spring for some new plants and support our students!
PLACE YOUR ORDER BY WEDNESDAY, APRIL 14
We've teamed up again with Growing Smiles to bring you beautiful spring plants, grown right here in the Pacific Northwest. Proceeds support the production of our spring performances, including our senior concertos. It is simple place your order online, pay online or at time of delivery, and your plants will be delivered to your door April 31 or May 1st… in plenty of time before Mother's day (hint!).
ANNUAL POINSETTIA AND WINTER PLANT SALE
We are thrilled to host our annual Poinsettia and Winter Plant Sale again this year. These stunning plants are grown in the Pacific Northwest and will be delivered directly to your doorstep — anywhere in the greater Seattle area. Select your plants and greenery through our online order form.
Please include your address in the special instruction section. Credit card payments will allow contact-free delivery, but we can also pick up a check at delivery. Order by Nov. 19 at 9 am. Plants will be delivered to you on Dec 4th and 5th.
Proceeds from the sale will support our orchestra students. In these uncertain times, RHS Orchestra Boosters have eliminated typical student fees and are relying totally on donations and fundraising efforts. We do not want program costs to ever be a factor in a student's decision to continue to play music.
Please help us make this year's sale a huge success by spreading the word to family and friends!
At a time when students are isolated from their peers and teachers, it is more important than ever to go the extra mile to ensure equity and keep our musicians engaged and progressing.
CENTRAL WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY RETREAT
October 25-26- depart RHS at 9 am, return Saturday evening around 9 pm
Central Washington University, Ellensburg, WA
1. We have changed locations for our overnight stay. Due to a last minute cancellation at the retreat center, the entire group will be staying at the Lazy F Camp & Retreat center. http://lazyfcamp.org/ We will be stopping there on our way to CWU for lunch, activities and sectional practice. We will head to CWU for the evening to attend a CWU orchestra rehearsal as well as our own rehearsal. We will have dinner at CWU- then head back to the Lazy F overnight. Breakfast is served at the Lazy F- then we will be back to CWU for a full day of music. We will have dinner at CWU before returning home Saturday evening.
2. The Lazy F is large cabins- no linens. Students will need to bring sleeping bags, pillows, towels and toiletries. A packing list will be sent out before the trip to help answer questions.
3. The field trip form went home with students last week. It is also available from the link above. We need these back by Wednesday 10/9.
4. We realize there are conflicting events with Jazz and Marching band. The directors are working together on priorities as most cases are slightly different. Please let us know ASAP if your student will have special arrangements. We can help coordinate as needed, it will impact both our buses and our overnight accommodations so the sooner we know the better.
5. Below is the list of chaperones to date- if you have previously said you were interested, but aren't on the list please let Sandy know. I may have not tagged the email, but we would love to have you along.
SIDE BY SIDE CONCERT w/ SEATTLE SYMPHONY
Thursday, October 24, 7 pm RHS Theater.
The night before the retreat- The RHS Symphony Orchestra will perform with the Seattle Symphony. https://www.seattlesymphony.org/concerttickets/calendar/2019-2020/symphony/sbs2 Professional musicians from SSO will be joining students through out the month to prepare for the performance. More details to follow regarding special rehearsal times. All Orchestra families and students are encouraged to attend. Please share with neighbors and friends.
PUMPKIN SEED CONCERT
October 29th, 7:00 pm, RHS Theater - All Orchestras
Just back from the retreat, come enjoy the fruits of their labor.
BOOSTER BOARD MEETING
Monday, October 21, Ensemble room- next to the Orchestra room- 7:30 pm
All are welcome! Please join us.
1. If you haven't turned in your fees please do so ASAP. These fees support the coaching that is already happening in the classroom, instrument repairs already happening, and support for the retreat.
Booster Fee- $300
Equipment Rental (for students who use school instruments)- $75
Both paid to boosters by check, or on website https://www.rooseveltorchestra.org/ at the donate button
School lab fee $60 (Wind Ensemble pay lab fee for that class not Orchestra)
Paid to Roosevelt High School through School pay or by check. If you need assistance with these fees please contact firstname.lastname@example.org