October will be a very exciting month for Roosevelt Orchestras with 2 big concerts and a retreat. Students are hard at working preparing for the performances and we have already had visits from several section coaches and a guest clinician.
CENTRAL WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY RETREAT
October 25-26- depart RHS at 9 am, return Saturday evening around 9 pm
Central Washington University, Ellensburg, WA
1. We have changed locations for our overnight stay. Due to a last minute cancellation at the retreat center, the entire group will be staying at the Lazy F Camp & Retreat center. http://lazyfcamp.org/ We will be stopping there on our way to CWU for lunch, activities and sectional practice. We will head to CWU for the evening to attend a CWU orchestra rehearsal as well as our own rehearsal. We will have dinner at CWU- then head back to the Lazy F overnight. Breakfast is served at the Lazy F- then we will be back to CWU for a full day of music. We will have dinner at CWU before returning home Saturday evening.
2. The Lazy F is large cabins- no linens. Students will need to bring sleeping bags, pillows, towels and toiletries. A packing list will be sent out before the trip to help answer questions.
3. The field trip form went home with students last week. It is also available from the link above. We need these back by Wednesday 10/9.
4. We realize there are conflicting events with Jazz and Marching band. The directors are working together on priorities as most cases are slightly different. Please let us know ASAP if your student will have special arrangements. We can help coordinate as needed, it will impact both our buses and our overnight accommodations so the sooner we know the better.
5. Below is the list of chaperones to date- if you have previously said you were interested, but aren't on the list please let Sandy know. I may have not tagged the email, but we would love to have you along.
SIDE BY SIDE CONCERT w/ SEATTLE SYMPHONY
Thursday, October 24, 7 pm RHS Theater.
The night before the retreat- The RHS Symphony Orchestra will perform with the Seattle Symphony. https://www.seattlesymphony.org/concerttickets/calendar/2019-2020/symphony/sbs2 Professional musicians from SSO will be joining students through out the month to prepare for the performance. More details to follow regarding special rehearsal times. All Orchestra families and students are encouraged to attend. Please share with neighbors and friends.
PUMPKIN SEED CONCERT
October 29th, 7:00 pm, RHS Theater - All Orchestras
Just back from the retreat, come enjoy the fruits of their labor.
BOOSTER BOARD MEETING
Monday, October 21, Ensemble room- next to the Orchestra room- 7:30 pm
All are welcome! Please join us.
1. If you haven't turned in your fees please do so ASAP. These fees support the coaching that is already happening in the classroom, instrument repairs already happening, and support for the retreat.
Booster Fee- $300
Equipment Rental (for students who use school instruments)- $75
Both paid to boosters by check, or on website https://www.rooseveltorchestra.org/ at the donate button
School lab fee $60 (Wind Ensemble pay lab fee for that class not Orchestra)
Paid to Roosevelt High School through School pay or by check. If you need assistance with these fees please contact email@example.com